Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Two More Sleeps 'til Christmas

I know, I already wrote about how much I love the Muppets Christmas Carol, but I just can't help myself!
I love the song that Kermit (Bob Cratchit) sings to his family on Christmas Eve...to paraphrase...

We are only, 'two more sleeps 'til Christmas' right now!

I told you that I've been trying to make a different cocktail each night of Advent- well, tonight, we had a fabulous cocktail I just had to share with you!

It is called, Planter's Punch and it's very easy to make...and dangerous to drink!

Here's the recipe...

3 ounces of spiced rum
1 ounce of lime juice
1 ounce of simple syrup
3 shakes of Angustura bitters

Mix together and serve over ice.

Delicious!

There magic in the air this evening
Magic in the air
The world is at her best, you know
When people love and care
The promise of excitement is one the night will keep
After all, there's only one more sleep til Christmas

The world has got a smile today
The world has got a glow
There's no such thing as strangers when
A stranger says "hello"
And everyone is family, we're having so much fun
After all, there's only one more sleep til Christmas

Tis the season to be jolly and joyous
With a burst of pleasure, we feel it all right
Tis the season when the saints can employ us
To spread the news about peace and to keep love alive

There's something in the wind today
That's good for everyone
Yes, faith is in our hearts today
We're shining like the sun
And everyone can feel it, the feeling's running deep
After all, there's only one more sleep til Christmas



No comments: