Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

BEST Cookies EVER!

The oil free vegan food plan has been pretty easy so far- although, when I was frying up some sweet Italian sausage for Kevin's pizza tonight I did think about sneaking some greasy, delicious meat...
Anyhow, I resisted.

I did have a craving for something sweet...so I decided to make a cookie recipe from the Engine 2 Diet called, Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies." Holy Smoke!!! They are GREAT!!

This recipe made 28 cookies.

I always have frozen ripe bananas in the freezer...I usually buy too many and then, before they get too ripe, I toss them in the freezer to use in banana bread, or smoothies. This recipe called for 3 ripe bananas...but I tossed three frozen ones into the microwave for 1 minute; peeled them and tossed them into a blender.

Here's the original recipe...Engine 2 Cookies

I followed it exactly.

We have 20 more to eat this week....I'm storing them in a ziplock freezer bag. We'll see how long they last! Normally, Kevin and I don't eat very many sweets...but we might make an exception with these cookies!




No comments: