Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Smashed Potatoes

One of my Facebook friends posted a recipe called, " Australian Crashed Potatoes" a couple of days ago. I decided that it sounded so delicious that I needed to make these..again. Rachael Ray (Food Network) presented these after meeting with the cooking great, Jaques Pepin a few years ago and I do make this on a pretty regular basis!
Just a side note- when I was a young bride who could not cook to save her life, I took a 6 week cooking class with Jacques Pepin at Piret's in the South Coast Plaza in the early 1980s...and he helped us all to learn how to make these potatoes. All I can say is, YUM!
Here is the recipe I faithfully use to this day...
Jaques Pepin's Smashed Potatoes
I used basically the same recipe, but I added some Johnny's Garlic Spread Seasoning (thank you Costco sample lady!!This stuff is amazeballs as my sister Darlyn would say)
Delicious!

I know, my jelly roll pan is well loved but these were so delicious! MAKE THEM!!

No comments: